Jefferson Village and Township is also served by a dedicated
staff of volunteer fire fighters. The Jefferson Volunteer Fire
Department is one of the oldest departments in the county.
founded in 1837 and was called the Phoenix Hose Company. It later
changed its name to The Wade Hose Company after Senator Benjamin
Wade donated a silver hailing trumpet to the company.
fire truck was hand pumped. Today the department has several
fire and heavy rescue trucks that can provide aid to any
The department also has a cadet
program that is helping train future fire fighters. To join the
program students must be at least 14 years old and out of the eighth
grade. Cadets are issued and trained
equipment as adult fire fighters.
The department is located
next to the Jefferson Police Department at the intersection of
East Jefferson and South
To report an emergency call 911.